Friday, July 22, 2011
Arrival in Fussen Germany
I made it into Fussen around 7:00pm, a little later than I had originally hope for, but not really all that late, and Wolfgang had told me that his place was a five minute walk from the train station. I figured that there would be zero difficulties in finding his place, but just in case there were, I downloaded a nice map of the area that I could refer to. Google maps does a great job of finding places in the US...they really need to improve their European Address searching. The address that I put in google maps ended up pointing me right into the middle of Fussen (about five minutes from the train station). After about 20 minutes of searching the immediate area for the address that Wolfgang had given me, I decided that it was not in this general area...out comes my map. Fortunately I was able to find his street and plot my route there. As it was getting a bit later than our arranged time, I decided that I would give Wolfgang a call. I inserted a few coins, and dialed the number, just as the instructions (kindly printed in English as well) indicated, nothing, I tried again still nothing. Seriously, using a phone cannot be this difficult. Frustrated I leave the pay phone and make my way to Wolfgang's place.
I made it to my destination around 8:30 and Wolfgangs first question to me as I enter his home is, "Are you Hungry?", "Absolutely" I replied in kind and he proceeded to serve us a plate/vegetarian stew. It was quite delicious, but much different from what I would interpret as stew. Reagardless, we ate and had a really nice conversation before we headed off to bed. We would need our sleep as the next day was to require lots of energy.
Stay tuned...

No comments:
Post a Comment