Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Interesting Start

Well here I am, less than a week away from beginning my adventure in Europe. Some of you know that I was supposed to be making this journey with a friend (supposedly) of mine. Well circumstances arose that have prevented said friend from joining me.

While I am a bit disappointed in this, I am fiercely determined to have the best possible time that I possibly can. So much so that it has been rather difficult for me to focus while I am at work. There have just been to many things to rearrange and set straight prior to my departure. The largest of which I think has been fully settled, that being the rail passes to get around Europe.

I had purchased a saver pass that was going to provide us with 10 days of rail travel over the month. That pass is only valid if you are travelling with the people listed on the pass. I contacted the retailer and was told that I could travel on it, or I could exchange it....let's do a bit of math...10 days of limited travel for the price of $1600, or unlimited travel in a month for the price of $1200...hmmmm... tough choice. I should have my new rail pass by Thursday, Friday at the latest.

The trip is going to be quite amazing. Destinations right now are:

  • Frankfurt, Germany
  • Fussen, Germany
  • Stuttgart, Germany
  • Munich, Germany
  • Prague, Czech Republic
  • Budapest, Hungary
  • Zagreb, Croatia
  • Plitzvice Lakes, Croatia 
  • The Dalmatian Coast of Croatia (various Islands)
  • Dubrovnik, Croatia
Stay tuned for all the exciting stories and photographs...

1 comment:

Holly said...

Woohoo!!! Time to party, you are going to have so much fun (even more so without that C-Rag cramping your style!). Best of luck to you my friend!

Post a Comment